Friday 28th October 2022




This morning a man turned up at our parking place and went off searching for sea creatures but not before he had his fishing licence checked by officials of the Galician Regional Authority who turned up from nowhere!





I think he was probably searching for Percebes - a giant barnacle highly prized as a delicacy in Galicia.




We reluctantly left our beautiful overnight stopping place. We serviced the van at the nearby Aire and then unsuccessfully tried to access a supermarket. We stopped to take on diesel and bought a few groceries at the fuel station shop before making the shortish journey south west to Caion where we stopped for the day at a car park overlooking a surfing beach. Here's the view from our van.




We stayed overnight at this very spot in early November 2015.




The town of Caion is close by.




We walked into town. Here's the town square.




Ann went into the church while I had a wander around town.




In the church there is this striking effigy.




I found a restaurant which was open down by the port. We went in for lunch.




The restaurant cat was hanging around under the table.




Ann had pork and chips which she thought was very nice. I had octopus which was incredibly rubbery. It was absolutely vile. For some unknown reason I ate it all. Thinking back I just can't think why I didn't feed it to the cat! I had some salad too which I couldn't finish after having exhausted myself eating the octopus.




Back at the van we amused ourselves watching the surfers.





Once again the sunset was obscured by clouds.




Just as it was getting dark this enormous cruise ship went by.

Today we travelled 22 miles (35 kilometres). We are at: N43.3147 W8.6090



No comments: