Thursday 14th December 2017





There were some really nice palm trees at our overnight parking place at Maladroscia.






Shortly after leaving our parking place and heading back towards the mainland of Sardinia we spotted this inviting sign leading to a Nuraghic site!?






Ann went to investigate but unfortunately it was all very overgrown and she didn't get to see much of the monument at all.





A bit of a let down really.






We moved on south and stopped for the day at the village of Su Giudeu which is at the very southernmost extremity of Sardinia. We parked at the village car park. Between our parking place and the sea is a lagoon which is the haunt of these three flamingos.






We walked out along this boardwalk towards the beach.





The boardwalk eventually became lost in the sand.





The beach here is really beautiful.





There are some small islands just off shore.





We investigated the Aire on the other side of the lagoon. The Italian registered van  pictured here is occupied. When I approached it one of the occupants opened a door. I said Bonasera, he replied and closed the door! There is also an enormous German registered van here. The Aire was generally seedy and run down and apparently costs 18 euros a night (though I don't think that there is anyone around to collect the money). We decided to stay where we were in the municipal car park.

It is my birthday tomorrow. I'm only going to be 72. As a special treat Ann let me cook the tea.


Today we travelled 49 miles (79 kilometres). We are at N38.88790 E8.85936







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now let me think! What would a 72 year old man cook as a special treat for his birthday - rice crispy buns?
I’ll send you greetings tomorrow

Anonymous said...

That was me - Anne-Marie

Anonymous said...

A very happy birthday Roger. I hope it was enjoyably spent. You don’t look a day over 60! That’s thanks to Ann’s good cooking. I think I met you first in 1976 when you had this incredible mop of curly hair.

Love to you both

Anne-Marie

Roger and Ann said...

Hi Anne-Marie,

This is what I cooked:

I skinned, chopped and then fried in olive oil till crisp some Sardinian "hunter's sausage" (which I think might have been made using wild boar meat). I then took it out of the pan and set it aside. I then very gently fried chopped onion and garlic till it was very soft and slightly caramelised. Then I added skinned and chopped tomatoes, chopped mushrooms, chilli flakes and salt and pepper together with the now crisp sausage pieces. I fried this all gently for quite a while until the sauce thickened adding a little water from time to time. I served this with mashed potato and a bottle of Cannonau di Sardegna (strong Sardinian red wine).

With love, Roger.