Monday 26th October




It rained during the night at Caceres and it has rained off and on all day. We travelled north and stopped along the way to look at the remains of this old bridge.



We headed to the remote town of Torre de Don Miguel in the Sierra Gata. 



The Aire is high above the town. If you look closely you can see our van. This is taken looking up from the way into town.



Everything is very steep in this town. Grapes are cultivated on terraces.



The streets are steep and narrow with quite a few low arches. I tried to do some shopping in the only (open) shop in town but they had very limited stock and I ended up buying a loaf of bread, a litre of milk, some tomatoes and a packet of crisps. The shop keeper and her old dad were very interested in me - someone who had arrived in an autocaravana - I got the impression they thought I was a bit like someone who had come from Mars! 



I think this building was a hermitage.



On a hill top high above the town stands this tower - Torre de Don Miguel? We travelled 80 miles (129 kilometres) today.



No comments: