Friday 10th May 2019





This morning I took Ann in to do her voluntary work at Dartmoor National Park Headquarters in Bovey Tracey and then went back home in our car to make final preparations for our trip. I left home in our van about midday and parked up at Haytor where there was a torrential downpour with hailstones - very impressive. I took this photo through the van windscreen.





After the storm had abated somewhat I moved on to Parke - Dartmoor NP Headquarters. I noticed they have a new sign on the parking meter "No overnight parking please" - a sign of the times? 





Having picked up Ann from her work we moved on to her daughter Hannah's house in Bristol. Kerry Ann's other daughter had just arrived from Kent.





Here they all are admiring Hannah's back yard. 






Anyway Ann, Hannah and Kerry are going to have a weekend of partying so I left them to it and headed off to the hills.





I'm parked for the night at Deerleap Car Park in the Mendip Hills.






There are marvellous views from here down towards the Somerset Levels.






Also views out towards the Bristol Channel.






As the sun got low the light was really good.






Finally there was a nice sunset.


Today I/we travelled 127 miles (204 kilometres). I am at N51.240535 W2.690547


Deerleap Car Park              Street View        





No comments: