Sunday 12th May 2019




Another beautiful day. After a late start I moved on north to a really nice parking place on the shore of the Severn Estuary between the two Severn bridges, This is the first bridge completed in the 1960s.






Here's the more recently constructed bridge.





Before the bridges were constructed people and vehicles could cross by ferry. Here's the remains of the jetty which was used by the ferry on the English side of the estuary.






Apparently Bob Dylan was one of the last passengers on the ferry before the first bridge opened and the ferry stopped running in 1966.





I took a walk around. There is a fine old house here. Built on the profits of the ferry trade?





The mansion pictured previously has a duck house in it's garden. I thought such things were reserved for the proceeds of Conservative MP's  fraudulent expenses claims. Mind you I don't know who lives here!


Today I travelled 68 miles (109 kilometres). I am at N51.59358 W2.63307


Passage Road  Aust         Street View










No comments: