Saturday 11th May 2019




It was beautiful and sunny today. There were even better views from my overnight parking place than there had been yesterday evening.





I could even see Glastonbury Tor!




Another van stayed here overnight. I noticed that they had dumped their waste water in the car park. Whereas waste water from a camper is unlikely to be harmful to the environment, however if non campervanners see it being dumped they may well confuse it with sewage, complain to the authorities and get a "no overnight parking" sign or worse still a height barrier erected. I'm ashamed to say I didn't have the guts to talk to the miscreant campers about the error of their ways!





After a late start I came down off the Mendip Hills, crossed the Somerset Levels, went through Bridgwater and came on to Bridgwater Bay National Nature Reserve where I stopped for the day.




This is a really nice place.




The only downside is that you have excellent views of Hinkley Point Nuclear Power Station and the cranes and gantries which are building Hinkley Point Number 2 at vast public expense.






I went for a walk along the shingle shore.




I came back towards the van through some beautiful wetlands.






There are spring flowers everywhere.




Then I got my bike out from under the bed in the van and had a ride around the extensive network of cycle tracks in the reserve.




I cycled back to the van along the "main road".




There were a couple of old geysers with big cameras photographing "things" around where I'm parked.


Today I travelled 34 miles (55 kilometres). I am at N51.20223 W3.05871



 Bridgwater Bay                               Street View




     

No comments: