Wednesday 23rd November 2022




It stopped raining very briefly this morning and I was able to get out of the van and look at our surroundings.




It cost us 5 euros to stay overnight here. There is a multilingual machine which only accepts payment by plastic card.




There are numerous regulations to adhere to if you want to stay here.




It costs an extra 2 euros if you want any water so we confined ourselves to emptying the waste water and the toilet.




This is prime wine producing territory. The Bordeaux vineyards are world famous.





We set off travelling north - there were numerous showers and rainbows along the way.




Initially we travelled on major roads but as the day went on the roads became narrower. Eventually we came to a sharp left turn where the road was partially blocked by two large lorries which appeared to be engaged on mending overhead power lines but I may be incorrect about this. When one of the work persons beckoned me to come forward and pass the two lorries on the left I stupidly did what was requested. I should have refused to have anything to do with it and put my flashers on and waited till the road was cleared or somehow turned round and gone another way. But I didn't do either of these things and instead was stuck between a crash barrier on the left and a lorry on the right with about 5 centimetres clearance on each side. Eventually I managed to squeeze the van through without any damage to the van, the lorry or the crash barrier. This took an awful lot out of me. I'm really beginning to question whether I should be driving motor vehicles any more. I also seriously question the competence and responsibility of these work people who were doing works on a narrow sharp bend when they should have temporarily closed the road and if necessary organised a diversion. What if two large lorries had arrived travelling in opposite directions?





We crossed a large wetland area.





We stopped for the day at a woodland car park at Aigrefeuille D'aunis.





There is a lake nearby.





There have been some nice cloundscapes today in between the torrential 
showers.



This is an attractive area. This evening some real campers turned up and put a tent up and lit a fire close to our parking place. I am feeling really shaky and unwell this evening after the incident with the sharp bend and the lorries earlier!

Today we travelled 111 miles (179 kilometres). We are at: N46.1252 W0.9127

 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending good vibes, hippy jcymru

Roger and Ann said...

Thanks Judy