Saturday 19th November 2022




This morning before leaving the aire we tried to weigh our van at the public weighbridge. It gobbled our 30 cents but then gave us a printout which was totally illegible. I suppose that's what you get when something costs 30 cents - the logic of capitalism!? We set off travelling north passing this impressive bank of solar panels.





We stopped at the town of Olmedo. Here are the town walls. We parked at the aire.




I walked into the town centre and bought a few groceries




I walked back to where we where were parked through narrow streets navigating with google maps on my smartphone.




I passed this arch in the town walls.





There are a few old ruins in town.





Back at the aire the town's open air museum was over this wall but the gate was locked. I managed to unintentionally sabotage the tap on the service point at the aire so that it was spewing water everywhere and I couldn't turn it off! I phoned the town tourist office to see if anyone spoke English there and could notify the relevant authorities of the water leak but I couldn't communicate with anyone there. After having got absolutely soaked I managed to reduce the flow from the faulty tap somewhat!





We decided to move on north east passing though pine forests,




After quite a long journey we parked for the day in what we though would be a quiet place at the corner of a large almost empty car park in the city of Burgos.





I wandered off to the local mega supermarket. Apparently if you are a person of any standing round here you need a whole air dried ham for Christmas!





When I got back to our van a volleyball match had started right next to where we were parked!




We were boxed in with a car close behind us.




A large van pointed in towards the back of our van.





And a car next to it totally blocking us in. Our van was hit by volley balls twice. I was totally freaked out by all of this and managed to drive the van forward over a curb and away from this chaos to a far away part of this almost empty enormous car park. Having said that two other campers and a caravan have arrived tonight and parked right next to us!

Today we travelled 153 miles (246 kilometres). We are at: N42.3505 W3.6803



No comments: