The weather brightened up a bit this morning Sunday 12th July and we went to visit Threave Gardens, near Castle Douglas (National Trust for Scotland).



They have lots of beautiful trees - here's part of a Weeping Ash.



There is a really nice walled garden with both flowers and vegetables.



Threave House dominates the centre of the gardens.



There is a wild wood where we saw Red Squirrels.



There is a waterfall with blue water.



There are some nice sculptures too. Unfortunately shortly after this photograph was taken I very carelessly dropped my camera onto a hard path surface and it died! Luckily my computer has a memory card slot so I was able to retrieve these photos.



We visited Tesco in Dumfries to get some supplies and then came on here to Glencaple on the banks of the River Nith. I took this photo of our van parked on the quayside here on my kiddies smartphone and then emailed it to myself! I'm not doing too well what with the van breaking down, me breaking my fishing rod and now killing my camera.



2 comments:

tony marchese said...

Hi folks, have been following your travels up north.Very interesting. Madly envious re your sighting of Orcas especially. Jane will email you re our news.Best wishes . You've had your 3 mishaps so should be plain sailing from now on, love Tony and Jane
Ps thanks for the card

Roger and Ann said...

Hi Tony and Jane,
Many thanks for your message. What news about your new house? We're at Arnside on the Cumbrian coast tonight - great views down to Morecambe Bay. Roger and Ann.