Friday 28th October 2016




Today our friends Annette and Andy dropped in to see us on their way back from a longish trip through France and Spain. They came off the Santander to Plymouth ferry yesterday afternoon and had been in Plymouth overnight.



As you can see their van is identical to ours apart from being posh metallic grey. Unfortunately Ann missed seeing them as she was off doing her voluntary work for Dartmoor National Park. We had a good talk about old times, vanning and the awfulness of of the racism and xenophobia unleashed by the EU referendum "campaign". I don't recognise this as my country anymore - maybe I never did - I've become a citizen of the world.




This has been Andy and Annette's first big trip in their van. I'm glad that they seem to like it as I was perhaps guilty in part for getting them interested in buying a camper. 

Many thanks for dropping by - sorry you couldn't stay longer.

In case anyone is concerned about my health I'm glad to say that a possibly cancerous spot on my backside was removed by the hospital in Exeter this Tuesday. This was done under general anesthetic so I've not been allowed to drive a car this week as apparently some of the drugs I was given in hospital might have made me disorientated!





1 comment:

Annette clarke said...

So good to see you Roger and share our news with an enthusiastic campervan owner.We called in at Charleton motorhome and bought a hose adapter , but no luck with the missing jack implement.Thanks for all your support Roger and Anne, we hope to see you again soon. A and A