Tuesday 4th August 2026


We travelled south, stopping off along the way to take on diesel. We arrived in the town of Varnamo and I bought a few things in Lidl. When I came back to the van Ann was feeling so unwell that we decided to go to the hospital. 



The hospital staff were extremely pleasant and set about examining Ann right away!



We didn't have to wait too long before they came up with a diagnosis. They think Ann has some fluid on her lungs and they are going to give her big intravenous doses of diauretics to try to clear the fluid and in the meantime keep her in hospital at least overnight. She is in Room 8 (all to herself!), Medical Ward D, Block F, 7th Floor, Vernamo Sjukhus, Docktorsgaten 5, 33156, Sweden.



I've parked for the day in a nice free car park in the middle of town.

Today we travelled 123 miles (198 Kilometres). I am at: N57.18280 E14.05099






4 comments:

Richard said...

How sad to see Ann stretched out in hospital, let’s hope it will be a short stay.

Anonymous said...

Big big love to you both. Hoping Ann feels better when the diauretics take effect. J cymru

Anonymous said...

I do hope Ann recovers quickly and that her stay will be very brief. You are in our thoughts. Love to you both. Anne-Marie

Roger and Ann said...

Many thanks for your messages Richard, Judy and Anne-Marie.